Physical therapy or physiotherapy (PT) is a physical medicine that rehabilitates injuries, disease and disability, and promotes mobility, function, and quality of life through examination, diagnosis, prognosis, and physical intervention (therapy using mechanical force and movements).
- Education and planning to prevent re-occurrence or re-injury
- Improving and maintaining physical performance
- Managing acute or chronic conditions
- Promoting mobility, physical activity and overall health
- Preventing disease, disability and injury
- Rehabilitating the effects of disease or disability and injuries with therapeutic programs or other interventions